Join us as we gather in Jesus' name and celebrate the outdoors through mountain biking. The program starts on Saturday, May 8th and will run for 6 weeks. It is designed for Intermediate level riders in our community.
To Register: Email MtnBiking@copperhills.org with the following details:
- Emergency Contact Name & Phone
There is no cost for the program, but participants must provide their own equipment. Read on for the requirements, necessary equipment, and training program.
When: Saturday Mornings at 8:00am SHARP (Please be there 15 minutes prior to start)
Requirements and Necessary Equipment:
- Mountain Bike (No Hybrid style bikes)
- Ability to currently ride 10-15 miles on trail
- Bike is ready to ride (Bikes should be properly maintained prior to training)
- Mountain Bike Helmet (Riders MUST wear a helmet at all times while riding)
- Ability to carry water for 1.5-2.5 hours
- Proper Eyewear
- Long Finger Gloves for winter, short finger for summer
- Extra tube, tire levers, CO2 or small hand pump
- Bike Multi tool
- Fuel – Gels, bars, etc. (Will be discussed before longer rides)
- Best effort to do the prescribed weekly training schedule
- Week 1 – Introductions, discuss goals of the Intermediate Program – Trail Ride TBD
- Week 2 – Trail Ride 15+ Miles TBD
- Week 3 – Climbing and Descending TBD
- Week 4 – Trail ride – Climbing and Descending. Location TBD.
- Week 5 – Timed Trail ride (Loops). Location TBD.
- Week 6 – Trail Ride- Medium length trail ride (20 miles) TBD